I post about Joe Bonamassa more than any other guitar player.
And there’s a darn good reason why:
Joe give guitar bloggers a lot to write about.
- He is a gifted guitar player.
- He tours over 250 shows worldwide every year.
- He WANTS you to take pictures at his concerts (it’s the venue staff that trys to stop you).
- He SUPPORTS posting video on YouTube of his live shows.
- He meets with fans before his performances in a very accessible “meet and greet” format.
- He gave away the title track to his new CD as a FREE DOWNLOAD before it was released.
- He tours as a solo artist and with super-group “Black Country Communion”.
- He is humble about his amazing rise to “Guitar God” status.
- He plays a 1959 Les Paul on TOUR!
- He reads and answers posts on the fan forum of his web site.
- He will sign just about anything you want.
- He is plugged into social media in a huge way.
This video just popped up on YouTube and is symbolic of what I am trying to say…
Check out this video: “On The Road with Joe Bonamassa”:
The bottom line is that JB has figured out how to connect with some of the most important people in his life at this time – his fan base.
By inviting his audience to get closer to him as a person he proves that being a guitar hero does not mean you have to distance yourself from your admirers.
Joe has cemented relationships to the point that many fans consider Joe to be their friend. They say things like: “He is just a normal guy”… “He was so easy to talk to”… and “He actually talked to me!”.
So “Hey Joe…” thank’s for being the perfect example of a social-media, fan-centric, work-a-holic, guitar playing hero of 2011. You are a guitar bloggers dream.