Slash is widely considered one of the greatest rock guitar players of all time. He has received countless accolades and awards including a 2007 star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame alongside his idols Jimmy Page and Jimi Hendrix.
“SLASH”, his new self-titled album, is scheduled for release in April and will feature Ian Astbury, Chris Cornell, Rocco DeLuca, Fergie, Dave Grohl, Myles Kennedy, Kid Rock, Lemmy Kilmeister, Adam Levine of Maroon 5, Duff McKagan, M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold, Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop and Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother.
How’s that for a list of jam buddies to call on!
“The idea was really simple in the beginning,” said Slash. “These are all artists I wanted to work with – that I thought it would be amazing to do something creative and collaborative. And I was so impressed with what everyone brought to the table for the project. They were all so committed to doing a good job. And we had a lot of fun making these songs.” Slash did the bulk of the songwriting and handpicked the guest artist for each track.
“Slash” was produced by Eric Valentine and was completed with the rhythm section of bassist Chris Chaney (Jane’s Addiction) and drummer Josh Freese (Nine Inch Nails).
The album will be released through EMI Label Services.
01. Ghost (with Ian Astbury)
02. Beautiful Dangerous (with Fergie)
03. Nothing To Say (with M Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold)
04. Crucify The Dead (with Ozzy Osbourne)
05. Promise (with Chris Cornell)
06. By The Sword (with Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother)
07. Doctor Alibi (with Lemmy Kilmeister)
08. Saint Is A Sinner Too (with Rocco De Luca)
09. Watch This (with Dave Grohl/Duff McKagan)
10. I Hold On (with Kid Rock)
11. Gotten (with Adam Levine)
12. We’re All Gonna Die (with Iggy Pop)
13. Starlight (with Myles Kennedy)
[Click the Arrow to play “Starlight” by Slash with Myles Kennedy”]
The new release is available for pre-order now at Amazon.com and on iTunes.