I subscribe to several Guitar Magazines.
I’m sure you do too.
One magazine I look forward to receiving is “Fretboard Journal“. It’s not your traditional axe-stuff… there’s no tab, no CD or DVD reviews, no stomp-box wiring layouts, very minimal advertising and rarely anything that would appeal to a metal-head or cover band.
Yet, I look forward to receiving it…(and I thank my in-laws for the holiday gift-subscription!)
Recently, Fretboard Journal published the ultimate guitar player’s “Bucket-List”. What’s a “Bucket List?” Well, without seeing the movie… it’s that list of things you absolutely have to do before you kick the bucket… The list includes ninety-nine things that the staff of the Fretboard Journal thought every guitarist should do before they die.
I will re-publish 10 of the items (below) and link to the FULL LIST HERE.
- Play a real ’59 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
- Join an online guitar forum.
- Get into an argument with someone on an online guitar forum.
- Get invited upstairs at Gruhn Guitars in Nashville, Tennessee to see the good stuff.
- Fire a drummer.
- Take a factory tour at C.F. Martin & Co in Nazareth, Pennsylvania.
- Have at least two quotes from This is Spinal Tap committed to memory.
- Attend Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Festival.
- Host a house concert.
- Play “Eight Miles High” on a Rickenbacker 12-string
So… How many of these have you done? And what do you think is missing from the full list?