Guitar World Lick of the Day is a must-have app for guitar players who want to continuously improve their guitar playing skills and broaden their repertoire in a fun and engaging way.
Developed by Agile Partners and Guitar World, the world’s best-selling guitar magazine, Lick of the Day is a universal app that provides a ground-breaking approach to guitar instruction on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
The app delivers a new and challenging lick to subscribers every day, with a one-of-a-kind feature set that enables guitar players of all skill levels to learn licks in a variety of styles.
Guitar World Lick of the Day is a free app that comes with five licks (including a lick by Zakk Wylde) so you can check out the app’s instructional content and amazing features on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. One-, three- and six-month subscriptions can be easily purchased from within the app to receive a new and challenging lick every day, seven days a week.
Lick of the Day Features
- High quality videos of Guitar World’s award-winning instructors and guitar celebrities, such as Zakk Wylde, Joe Satriani, Gus G., and Phil Collen, demonstrating licks in a wide range of styles: Rock, Metal, Blues, Bluegrass, Classical, Jazz and more
- Timeless celebrity videos from the Guitar World Vault
- Standard and tab music notation for each lick that scroll in sync with videos on iPad
- Practice mode with settings that control music notation tempo, looping, audio synthesis, a metronome and more — a great way for guitar players of all skill levels to practice each lick
- Dynamic fretboard that shows finger positions synchronized with the music notation (lefties can invert the fretboard)
- Performance notes written by Guitar World’s instructors
- “Star” your favorite licks to find them later easily, and sort licks by genre and difficulty
- Download licks to any iOS-based device that you own — iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- Full support of portrait and landscape orientations on iPad
Download and subscribe to Lick of the Day now! A one-month subscription is available for only $4.99, a three-month subscription for $12.99, and a six-month subscription for $19.99.